• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for infertility while having PCOD

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi,my age 36 trying for conceive. Having pcod and feeling issue in intercourses, might be ejection not floated properly...doctor prescribe folic, nirmoz nd letroz.what to do next?
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, I think you need evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

I think you should go for evaluation first. Get a thyroid profile and prolactin level done. Also get a semen analysis done for your husband. If he is having any ejaculation problem, get him evaluated by a urologist.

As you have been prescribed letroz this cycle, it is a medicine given for increasing size of the follicles. In pco, the main problem is absence of ovulation. Thus, letroz will help with tgat.

You can track your ovulation by repeated ultrasound and when follicle is more than 17 to 18 mm, take injection for rupture of follicles. Be in contact with your husband for next 2 days. Take progesterone for next 2 weeks after rupture is confirmed on ultrasound. Do a urine pregnancy test after that. You can try like that for 3 to 6 cycles.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 4253 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Semen analysis

doctor1 MD

I am a 21 year old male. The last week I have noticed a sudden massive decrease in my sperm count, to the point of where I am only ejaculating...

doctor1 MD

hi, My husband and I were on ttc for a year and 5 months. Last February 27 My doctor requested me to have an ultrasound and it was normal and found...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor .my husband is having a oligasermia his sperm count level is low i.e 12 , motility is 40 and pus cells are 5-6/HPF we conducted this...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am 43 years old and my wife is 35. Last year we decided to start a family but were unsuccessful. I was tchecked and found to be having low...

doctor1 MD

Hello, Please direct this question to "sexologist" only. I am 30 years old male. I am healthy and do not have any diseases. I have few questions 1)...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc ! I'm 26 years old, married for one year and trying to conceive for the past 8 or 9 months. Last May, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Khushboo Priya
  • Q - What do low testosterone levels indicate?

  • Q - What causes severe abdominal and back pain?

  • Q - What causes low sperm count?

  • Q - Suggest remedies for severe abdominal pain caused by endometriosis

  • Q - Suggest treatment for infertility while having PCOD

  • Q - Is total sperm count of 38.4 a cause for concern?

  • Q - I have total sperm count of 38.4 and i have

  • Q - What does the following semen analysis test result indicate?

  • Q - What causes absence of fetal cardiac activity during 7th week of pregnancy?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dengue fever when diagnosed with erectile dysfunction