• question-icon

Suggest treatment for infertility while having PCOD

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi,my age 36 trying for conceive. Having pcod and feeling issue in intercourses, might be ejection not floated properly...doctor prescribe folic, nirmoz nd letroz.what to do next?
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, I think you need evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

I think you should go for evaluation first. Get a thyroid profile and prolactin level done. Also get a semen analysis done for your husband. If he is having any ejaculation problem, get him evaluated by a urologist.

As you have been prescribed letroz this cycle, it is a medicine given for increasing size of the follicles. In pco, the main problem is absence of ovulation. Thus, letroz will help with tgat.

You can track your ovulation by repeated ultrasound and when follicle is more than 17 to 18 mm, take injection for rupture of follicles. Be in contact with your husband for next 2 days. Take progesterone for next 2 weeks after rupture is confirmed on ultrasound. Do a urine pregnancy test after that. You can try like that for 3 to 6 cycles.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist