Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for infertility problem

Answered by
Dr. Som Biswas


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 965 Questions

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Hello dr.
My name is XXXXX .i am 25 year old married woman . I have diagnosed with insuline diffeciancy and pcos with simple para ovarian cyst in my right ovaries. I am trying to concive but result is not posative . I am taking metformine 1000 mg per day . Plz dr help me . I very much scared. I am to get pregnant as soon as possible . The size of para ovarian cyst is 4cm and both the ovaries are polysystic .plz reply

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will need assisted reproductive techniques.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

You will need to take clomiphene citrate from next day 1 of menses for 5 days. This will help growth of good follicles.

Then you need to undergo follicle rupture with injection beta HCG.

ALso Intrauterine insemination might be needed for you.

If you are overweight you will need to loose weight.

In short, if you are PCOS then you will need assisted reproductive techniques.

Natural conception will be very difficult.


Dr. Som

Feel free to consult me directly


Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 6 minutes later
Thanks for the reply dr . Yes I am over weight and my last period was on 28 may 2014 . Till date my period is not come . What to do ??? Plz reply
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take tablet deviry 10 mg

Detailed Answer:

First confirm that you are not pregnant by a pregnancy test.

If not pregnant then take tablet deviry 10 mg twice a day for 5 days and stop.

Your periods will come.

However these are short term measures and will not help you to get pregnant.

1) Try to lose weight

2) Go for assisted reproductive techniques.


Dr Som MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Intrauterine insemination

doctor1 MD

My husband is hiv positive can i get pregnant without infected??i want my husband live long is this possible??

doctor1 MD fluid pod then iui....age 33...chances of conception

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 28 years old, trying to conceive for last 6 months with no luck. From what my gyn tracked from previous cycle, I ovulate with 18 mm follicle, endometrium thickness 7.8 at day 15 with a 28 - 29 day cycle. My haemoglobin level is 9.9 and...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor .. i m safy from egypt . married one year ago but no luck of getting pregnant .. i m 29 years . i went for consultation and my doctor told me every thing is normal and she asked to see me at time of ovulation . and every thing was just good .. my husband was asked for semen analysis and the results he got was : count : concentration 8.18 million .. grade a ( rapid progression ) : is 12.5% .... morphology : 24% so the diagnosis was ; oligoathenozoospermia .. by us: no varicocele but with mild bilateral hydrocele i m very worry please answer me what is the most suitable way to treat such cases .. i m dying to have a baby of my own .. i wish you can help me sir plz