Suggest treatment for infection under the thighs
My elder brother aged 50 years has developed a heat puss boil under thighs since two days. Because of the puss boil, the skin with a radius of 1 inch has hardened. He is experiencing severe pain because of the puss. Is there any ointment or tablet that can soften the skin and help taking the puss out. Also he is suffering from fever because of this. He is a diabetic patient with Fast blood sugar 145.
Thanks and regards XXXXXXX
Oral antibiotic and painkiller
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr..Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Perhaps he has developed a furuncle with cellulitis. It is a skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI). Underlying diabetes is a predisposing factor.
I suggest an oral antibiotic e.g Tab. Megazolid - CV (Linezolid 600mg + cefixime 200mg), twice daily for a week.
In addition he may take an oral antiinflammatory/ painkiller e.g Tab. Combiflam, twice or thrice daily for 5 days. Both of these are prescription antibiotics and I suggest that these be taken under supervision of a doctor.
His blood sugar requires strict control or else he may again develop skin infection in future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for thigh infection
- Suggest treatment for skin infection under the breast
- Suggest treatment for vaginal infection
- Suggest treatment for intestinal infection
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory infection
- Suggest bladder infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for jaw infection
- Suggest treatment for worm infection
- Suggest treatment for infected prostate