Suggest treatment for infection of the glans penis

Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hey,
I am xxxxxx. I have a problem with my XXXXXXX of the penis. It's hurt everytime I touch. I would like to know why and also anything I could ease that pain.

Theo
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Might be infection or inflammation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you Theo for being with HealthcareMagic!!!

Penile pain and pain in the glans is a very broad topic. If it is swollen and the skin covering it is also swollen then it is called balanophosthitis or infection of the glans penis and the preputial skin. This condition needs antibiotic treatment and NSAIDs.

If there is no obvious visible swelling then it could be inflammation due to excessive ejaculation and masturbation. You should abstain from sexual activity for one to to weeks or until the Pain goes away.

Drinking vitamin C and plenty of fluids would also help alot. I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 9 hours later
Thank you, sir. It helps me a lot.
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:

You are most welcome.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee