Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

151 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for infection of tear duct

Answered by
Dr. Benard Shehu


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 2257 Questions

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have dark spot on what looks like my tear duct that remive it has veeb there days now and now a discharge is coming from the same eye, it is causing pain...
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 minute later
It looks lke an infecton of your tear duct. Contact your ophtalmologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Benard Shehu 4 minutes later
The dark corner in my eye in the picture is what i was referring to. It is causing awrious vision propbls
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

From what I see t looks lke a blockage in the tear duct which is complicated with duct infection (dark corner and discharge).

You should schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist for further examinations and proper treatment (including antibiotics and surgery if needed).

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on