Suggest treatment for infection in the root canal
abscess, RCT failure, retreatment
Thanks for your query I have gone through your query.
As far as the pain and swelling is concerned, I have the following possibilities. It can be because of the infection in the root canal treated tooth or the neighbour tooth. Nothing to be panic, since you have already started with cephalexin you can continue the same antibiotic for 5days. The infection will come down. If there is no improvement and if there is any difficulty in breathing then immediately go to emergency room.
Consult a oral physician and get it evaluated. You need to take a radiograph to confirm the diagnosis. If there is any defect in the root canal treatment then it has to be retreated.
I hope I have answered your query. If any queries are there reply me back. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Glaucoma root canal treatment
- Thalassemia and root canal treatment
- Suggest treatment for painful root canal
- Is root canal treatment dangerous
- Root canal infection treatment options
- Dentist root canal treatment
- After root canal treatment
- What treatment is suggested for swelling after root canal
- Is root canal treatment painful
- E coli infection after root canal treatment