Suggest treatment for infection in leg

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My 12 year old daughter got what we thought was a infected hair on her leg after shaving 2 days ago. As time has went on its got increasingly more sore. Even the bed sheet coming across is hurting her. After she has actually showed it to me tonight we have put peroxide on it. I'm worried its a spider bite. Is there anything I need to do for her?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take her to the ER without delay

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through the description as well as the attached images. I think that you should take your child to the emergency of a hospital without delay. It could indeed be a spider bite or something serious. It needs immediate medical attention.

Dr. Diptanshu Das
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 minute later
After we cleaned her up it looks like this now.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should still go and see a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I have gone through the image but my opinion remains the same. It does not look quite good to me. Regular follow up on it would be advisable.
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 minutes later
Thank You! I will take her on to the ER!
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It indeed needs medical attention.

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you are taking her to the ER.
She's a little scared, I told her they would more than likely clean her up, give her some meds ans bandage it. Sound right to you? LOL. She may be almost 13 but, shes my baby. lol
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry. She would soon be fine.

Detailed Answer:
I understand the situation. It indeed sounds right to me. You have told her the right thing and they would be doing just the same. May be they would give some medicines along as well.

Hoping her to be well soon.

All the best.
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician