Suggest treatment for infection around the areola

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I think that I may have infected XXXXXXX glands that have been going on for maybe the past five years. The skin is not red or tender and appears to be normal, except for the lumpy appearance. Every few months-shorter in duration if I've been stressful, I can also squeeze out a pale yellow liquid that's probably puss. I've gone on antibiotics for cold/flu symptoms in the past, yet the appearance remains the same. Could this be some sort of adolescent/puberty problem or should I be worried about breast cancer?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Keep it clean and dry. There may not be infection, but excess discharge

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HealthcareMagic.
Thanks for consulting me. I have carefully gone through your query, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.

1.     First of all do not panic.

2. Usually, there are oil secreting glands at the circumference of areola, the dark circle of the breast.
They help to prevent drying and crackling of the delicate breast skin.
They secrete oily moisturizing material.

3.If you do not have redness or pain around these glands, you need not worry. Keep the area dry and clean.
What you might be getting can be excess secretions .

4. I would like to know , if you have regular cycles?
Is there any breast pain or fullness before menses?

I hope this answer was helpful to you!
Please kindly rate it as helpful and write a short review about your experience with me! I would appreciate that a lot.
Thank you and best regards!
Dr Purushottam S Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana