Suggest treatment for infection around implant site after a Zirconium tooth implantation
Might be infection around implant site, need more details..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns.
As per your complain pain around implant site can occur due to causes like bacterial accumulation and infection..
Please answer the following questions so that I can guide you better..
1.When was the implant done, that is how many days/months back?
2.When did the pain started?
3. As an implant is done to replace a missing tooth, so please clarify that root canal is done on which tooth, is it done on toth next to implant?
4.Is there any swelling or bleeding also present?
5.Is the pain mild or severe?
6.Is the pain always present?
7.Do u have any medical problems/diseases or Allergies?
Please revert back with answers.
Needs to get an x ray done to check for infection..
As per your answers it seems that pain in tooth that was root canal treated prior to capping can be due to re-infection in the tooth that is causing pain while it can also happen if the crown is large in size and the lower teeth hits against it on the inner side..
You should get an x ray done and also the bite needs to be checked for looking for whether the lower teeth are hitting or not..
Treatment will be decided accordingly..
If there will be infection in the tooth then repeating root canal treatment has to be done.
In case if the crown is large then minor trimming will help..
As of now you can take anti inflammatory painkiller like Ibuprofen or Naproxen for pain relief..
Any further queries are welcome..
Wait n watch..
If the pain has subsided and if some sensitivity to heat is there, still my suggestion is to get an x ray done.
But in case of you do not want to go for it then you can wait n watch for how it progresses and a short course of antibiotics can be taken by consulting a local dentist.
Hope this helps
Hot sensitivity indicate infection.
If there is sensitivity to hot it is commonly elated in cases of infection..
So I would still advice an x ray that you can scan and upload here so that I can evaluate it and guide you appropriate treatment..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for wisdom tooth infection
- Treatment and cure for implantation cramps
- Treatment and cure for chronic infected tooth
- Treatment and cure for tooth infection
- Abscessed tooth treatment infected
- Suggest treatment for tooth infection
- Treatment and cure for tooth root infections
- Treatment for tooth infection
- Suggest treatment for jaw pain due to tooth infection
- Antibiotic treatment for tooth infection