Suggest treatment for infection and severe pain after kidney surgery

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Sir, i got a small surgery for my kidney.A small needle type of thing is inserted in my back and infection was drained out.But from nearly 25 days still the wound hasn't healed,still a small pin hole is present from where some yellow color is draining out...Is it some kind of pus...Pls help me in this regard..Surronding the wound is red...their is no severe pain or any uncomfortable to me....no fever..i am active..daily i am having bandages with cotton onmy back...
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Perinephric abscess ?tuberculous

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
It seems you have perinephric abscess which has been drained surgically. However still collection is present and hence pus is welling out. You need to subject draining yellow fluid/pus to culture and sensitivity test and take a course of antibiotic as per sensitivity report.
Alternatively it could be cold abscess (tuberculous infection) of kidney with a discharging sinus. -hence it is not healing up . In that case you have to also test draining pus for AFB(Acid fast bacillus) and AFB culture and sensitivity as well.
Is there any past or family history of tuberculosis?An X-ray chest PA view won't be out of place,if not done already.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 1 hour later
Sir i dont have any past or family history of TB.But the previous doctor asked me to have a TB test i took.And he said no TB is their.Sir tell me any doctor to consult in navi XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urology Consultation

Detailed Answer:

Consult a Urologist. It won't be proper to name a particular doctor but Navi-Mumbai has many corporate hospitals Viz Fortis ,MGM Hospitals with Urology services.

Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Tushar Kanti Biswas