Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for infected crush injury of hand

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10454 Questions
Kindly read my medical history & suggest me how to have an improvement on my injured hand.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection needs to be controlled first. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. An infected crush injury of the hand with multiple surgeries over last more than 13 years is very difficult to recover completely. If there is a persistent infection in the area for last so many years then it needs a swab culture of the wound to find out the antibiotics best suitable for you. Since you are not able to move any of your fingers or the wrist it is likely to be a multiple nerve and tendon injury. You need to consult a neurologist and a competent physiotherapist who with regular passive exercises can help in maintaining the tone of the muscles. A nerve injury and tendon injury that happened more than 13 years ago is not likely to heal spontaneously without the help of the grafts and surgical repairs. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor