Suggest treatment for indigestion

Question
I am having digestive issues, I don't think I am digesting food. I am only able to feel better after I eat if I drink vinegar with meals.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about your symptoms. I have read through the information you have reported and it seems very unlikely to me that vinegar can be the solution to indigestion. Vinegar plays no real in digestion that consuming it cannot make me to think that it would aid with the digestion process.

I am more of the thinking that it is more of what you think than what really goes on. Ask me whether you have an organic problem that can explain these symptoms and I will say no. This is one of those conditions that a client believes something may be of help though with no possible explanation and really reports benefit from doing so.

Could you have digestion problems? Yes. Can vinegar make this better? certainly NOT.

I will suggest that you get completely evaluated by a gastroenterologist for your symptoms. If nothing worrisome is noted, then you would be managed as a possible functional gastropathy.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.