Suggest treatment for indigestion problem and abdominal bloating

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have had bad indigestion since 6 a.m this morning. I've take tums twice already today and it is not helping. I feel bloated in the upper stomach and it's pretty painful.
Has my question been received?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rule out heart then do something about stomach

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

Thanks for writing.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad. I have read your question completely, i understand your concern and will try to help you in best way possible.

Here are a few things you can do.
First a heart pain has to be ruled out this is important.. if that is a stomach ache for sure then...

1) Avoid fizzy drinks alcohol and pain killer for today you can take tylenol once but no cafeinated stuff and no other pain killer.
2) if you dont have BP issues mix 1 table spoon baking soda in water and drink slowly.
3) Best thing you can do is to get syrup gaviscon from a nearby Pharmacy and use 3...4 table spoons of it. This is over the counter available and best remedy which you can do.
4) After that you will have to get a checkup by a doctor who may prescribe you PPI and prokinetics but till then I would suggest you to try what i mentioned above.
5) Caffeine chocolate.. coffee tea..fizzy drinks pain killers and cigarette is to be strictly avoided.
6) Don't sit or lie flat..keep walking around this helps keeping the motility better.

Don't panic things would settle down.

I hope this answered your question, a
if you have more please feel free to ask.

Regrads.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S(Licensed Family Physician)

Resident M.D.