Suggest treatment for indigestion, bloating and discomfort in the throat
It sounds like you are having some upper gastrointestinal irritation and gas (even if you are not having flatulence).
I see that you have tried acid neutralizers such as Mylanta, and a proton pump acid reducer - Prilosec.
I'm going to suggest a couple of things:
1. Rantidine (Zantac) 150 mg taken two times a day. This is also an acid reducer but works differently from Prilosec. In some people, Prilosec can increase acid reflux. So try the Zantac for a few days and see if it helps the feeling in the throat. It will likely take a few days of regular use to see improvement. If it does help, continue it for 4 - 6 weeks.
2. Simethicone. This reduces gas build up in the gastrointestinal tract. A brand name for this is Gas X. It is a surfactant that breaks larger gas build ups into smaller amounts.
3. Even though Coca Cola seems to help by getting you to burp, it may aggravate the underlying problem as it can produce more acid in the stomach.
4. Eat small amounts, more frequently, rather than whole meals, at least while this is continuing.
5. Avoid spicy, acidy, citrus foods, and coffee/cola/chocolate which contain caffein - until you are healed up.
If these things don't start to help you, then do go in to be seen.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Liquid diarrhea gassy stomach indigestion bloating taking probiotic advise
- Suggest treatment for indigestion with throat allergy
- What treatment is suggested for indigestion
- Indigestion bloating constant burping cure for these
- Burping indigestion bloating taking tums to relieve symptoms treatment
- Vomit in the morning, indigestion, bloated
- Suggest treatment for bloating and constipation
- Feeling insomnia weakness indigestion bloating and suicidal thoughts remedy
- Symptoms nausea indigestion bloating dizziness feeling weak
- Indigestion bloated tummy and loose motion
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis