question-icon

Suggest treatment for indigestion and cough

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: I had indigestion for over a week and a cough for no Reason. Iwas just looking up my systoms to see what I could take for my stomach. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You should change the medicine.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As you mentioned that Ritidine is not working since 2 weeks,it's better to change the medicine.
I prefer Rabeprazole 20mg tablet along with Levosulpiride tablet. I got excellent results with this combination.
Please take frequent small feeds.
GERD can cause cough.
If cough doesn't subside with the above medicine, please take Cough Syrup containing Codeine phosphate and Chlophenaramine maleate.
Nothing to worry. It will come down.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon