Suggest treatment for increasing lesion on ankle

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello,
My name is XXXXXX and I'm 23 years old from Iowa. I weigh 120 pounds and do c.n.a. work for a living. I need you're help!
I have had this thing on my ankle for about a year now. I don't want to call it a rash, because its under my skin as well. It started out as little bumps under my skin.... I was thinking it was just cysts. As time went on, I noticed the bumps getting bigger and spreading. I have about 15-20 of the bumps. The skin on the ankle looks purplish grey. It does not itch or hurt. please help me!
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
vasculitis with varicosity

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and history. Since your work is related to prolong standing and the lesion is increasing in size, it is more likely a varicosity leading to vasculitis. I insist you see a surgeon / vascular surgeon for complete examination and treatment. Most probably you will be advised to use compression stockings. If medical management is not possible, you may require surgical intervention.

Hope I have answered you. You can close the discussion and rate the answer, if you don't have further query.

Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad