Suggest treatment for increased numbing pain in hand after a massage

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for the follow up. I thought a message to alleviate the tense muscles in the neck and shoulder would help bu sorry to say the pain and numbing of the hand has gotten worse, and it's at all times of the day, not just the night anymore. I'm just taking naproxen more regularly now. Suggestions?
Thanks again. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some time massage can increase pain

Detailed Answer:
I do not recommend massage in any orthopaedic problem because it causes pain and some time stiffness. Your neck pain due to massage will improve in three to five days. Do not worry about this. I would suggest you to avoid any massage in future.
As i told you that you need to take Pregabalin M at night time along with a muscle relaxant like Myoril or Myospaz.
Hot water fomentation and traction will be helpful for you. You can apply gel but do not rub it.
Please discuss with your doctor before taking these medicines.
I hope this answer will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement