Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for increased level of lipids

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1619 Questions
Dear sir

Thanks for your prompt response and advice.

Will definitely follow what you suggested i. e. exercise, water / juice consumption, food, etc. In your advice said that vitamin D to be improved, could you please suggest the medicine name.

in this panel there is cardiologist, could you please refer mine case to him. In fact last year I consulted couple of Cardiologists, they suggested to consult chest specialist. Consultated to them also, they suggested medicine for one month. After that said me to follow certain discipline I.e don't lift he
avy items, run, laugh loudly, etc. could you suggest permanent cure Pls.

looking for your advice.

thanking you
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Disturbed lipid profile needs medication

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Based on the Insufficiency of vitamin D you may have cap.uprise D3 60k (once a week for 3 month).This may be monitored by blood test at 2 months. For best result you should follow a regular exercise schedule.
As far as blood reports are concerned you have increased level of lipid (triglyceride and VLDL) for this we give drugs commonly known as statins (Atrovastatin etc.)Along with diet control and exercises. Since, these drugs are prescription only and needs monitoring you should visit a local physician. We cannot prescribe you the statin drugs as it is against our policy, hope you will understand our limitation.
To have an opinion on TMT please tell me the about the symptoms you have in your reply?
Keeping above point's in the backdrop even an on panel cardiologist may not be of much help and hence you must have a local doctor to help you further.

Hope this answer your query.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor