Suggest treatment for increased level of lipids

Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Dear sir

Thanks for your prompt response and advice.

Will definitely follow what you suggested i. e. exercise, water / juice consumption, food, etc. In your advice said that vitamin D to be improved, could you please suggest the medicine name.

in this panel there is cardiologist, could you please refer mine case to him. In fact last year I consulted couple of Cardiologists, they suggested to consult chest specialist. Consultated to them also, they suggested medicine for one month. After that said me to follow certain discipline I.e don't lift he
avy items, run, laugh loudly, etc. could you suggest permanent cure Pls.

looking for your advice.

thanking you
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Disturbed lipid profile needs medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Based on the Insufficiency of vitamin D you may have cap.uprise D3 60k (once a week for 3 month).This may be monitored by blood test at 2 months. For best result you should follow a regular exercise schedule.
As far as blood reports are concerned you have increased level of lipid (triglyceride and VLDL) for this we give drugs commonly known as statins (Atrovastatin etc.)Along with diet control and exercises. Since, these drugs are prescription only and needs monitoring you should visit a local physician. We cannot prescribe you the statin drugs as it is against our policy, hope you will understand our limitation.
To have an opinion on TMT please tell me the about the symptoms you have in your reply?
Keeping above point's in the backdrop even an on panel cardiologist may not be of much help and hence you must have a local doctor to help you further.

Hope this answer your query.
Take care and I shall be glad to answer any further query.