• question-icon

Suggest treatment for increased heart rate due to Klonopin

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, I take 10 mg of abilify and 1 mg of klonopin twice a day. My heart rate has been 130 - 140 the last few days. I went to the ER and my EKG was normal. The klonopin increases my heart rate so I skipped it last night. Is it okay to skip it again tonight and am I at risk of sudden death because of this high heart rate?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No you are not on the risk

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

First of all I must congratulate you for taking this very needed step. Over the last few months of our interaction I wanted to recommend decrease intake of Klonopin as I did not feel it was right dose but kept hold as I was not your treating psychiatrist.

Now regarding your question please get informed that you done the positive things with positive results and there is no possibility that you will die because of decrease intake of klonopin. Definitely your rate and rhythm will be in better shape in days to come and I do not think you need to have any worries regarding this step.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist