Owl Image

Suggest treatment for increased cholesterol and reduced hemoglobin levels

Owl Image
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Question
Good Morning Doctor,

I have an question regarding problem in stomach and nearby side. Actually I whatever takes in a food (Lunch & Dinner) that goes in a stool form within half an hour. In short I have to go to latrine in 3 to 4 times in a day. This problem I am facing since last 2 to 3 months. Kindly advise. Recently I have completed my medical check up and in that my S Cholesterol has increased from 219 to 260 this year. My Hemoglobin also reduced from 13.1 to 12. 5 and platelets also gone down.
Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.

1. Was stool test done?
2. Any weight loss?
3. Do you have loose stools after you go to bed?
4. Any thyroid issues?
5. Tested for Celiac disease?

Kindly get back to me with these information and I would give my opinion.
Dr.R.K

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for increased cholesterol and reduced hemoglobin levels 14 hours later
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your reply

Please see below highlighted for your review
1. Was stool test done? - No
2. Any weight loss? - No - I put up 3 KG more
3. Do you have loose stools after you go to bed? - No
4. Any thyroid issues? - No
5. Tested for Celiac disease? - No

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Most of the features are suggestive of IBS.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing the additional information.
You might be probably having irritable bowel syndrome.

The following tests are to be done before calling it IBS -

1. Stool analysis
2. Thyroid function test
3. Test for celiac disease
4. Colonoscopy

You can consult a gastroenterologist in your area for these tests.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.