Suggest treatment for increased SGPT level

Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 26 Sep 2014 in Diabetes
Question: I am a diabetic patient. Recent blood reports reveal an increase in SGPT values also. Please advise what is to be done. Right now, I am using Gluconorm 2 for blood sugar and Thelma Forty for BP and Rozucor ASP 10 (Rosuvastatin and asprin) for tryglycerides
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fatty liver.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM. Thanks for your query.

There is a borderline increase in your liver enzyme value. Don't worry at this stage.

Being a known diabetic and hypercholesterolemia you may be having fatty liver.

These elevated values may indicate towards early stage of Non Alcoholic liver disease.
In this stage there is no need for medical intervention.

I would advice my patient to follow diet, exercise and maintain ideal body weight for height and age.

Alcohol use needs to be restricted.

It is advisable to repeat the Liver function test once a year.

Keep a check on blood sugar and lipids.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Basheer Ahamed 23 minutes later

Thanks for the response. In order to control blood sugar, please suggest alternative medication. Is Gluconorm G2 ok for blood sugar or do you suggest an alternative medicine?

Please advise diet also.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Post prandial blood sugars is high.

Detailed Answer:

Your PPBS is very high. Any blood sugar value of more than 250 mg / dl insulin therapy is advised for control of blood sugar.

You need to discuss with your treating doctor and make a decision.

Effective control of blood sugar levels have lot of health benefits like delaying the diabetic related complications and improving the quality of life.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari