Suggest treatment for increased SGOT/SGPT levels

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My levels are 99/128/106 for SGOT/SGPT/GGT.
No symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be further evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
You have increased SGPT,GGT,SGOT.
Increased SGPT and GGT points towards liver injury. There are many causes for it like hepatitis, alcohol consumption, altered lipid profile, intake of certain medications etc.

SGOT is non specific and it increases in many conditions.

You need few more routine investigations like viral markers to rule out viral hepatitis. Ultrasound abdomen to know the status of liver.
It is important to know about alcohol history as it may lead to increased SGPT and GGT.
You should avoid fried and junk food and avoid alcohol completely if you take it. Restrict the intake of meat and you can add raw as well as cocked vegetables to your diet.
Increase your physical activity in the form of mild exercise.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar