Suggest treatment for impulsive behavior, lack of confidence and low self esteem

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I know a guy who acts very impolsive. His character seems to change as if he is two different people. He also seems very insecure. Low self esteem. And has commitment issues when it comes to relationships. Does he have multiple personality disorder. Also he can be very sweet one day and display a cold stern personality the next day.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description I am convinced that he is having issues with mental health and possibility of multiple personality can not be ruled out.

Having said this it is not possible to state it conclusively as it is important have a mental status examination of the individual who is exhibiting unusual behavior. Usually individuals with multiple personality disorder remain unaware of other personality.

I hope this answers you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist