Suggest treatment for impetigo
Mupirocin ointment will be helpful
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Thanks for providing the photograph, it really helps.
If there is no history of previous trauma , it's likely impetigo which is bacterial infection of the skin usually caused by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria.
I would advise the following which will definitely help
1. Scab removal : There is small amount of dry secretion which has to be removed. Bring water to boil in a small bowl, bring it to cool so that it's lukewarm. Add 1/2 spoon of dettol. Soap gauge piece (easily available in medical store, do not use cotton as the fibre will get embedded in the wound). With the gauge piece soaked in warm dettol scrub the would gently with it removing the crust. After that dry the wound with dry gauge.
2. After application of above of apply T Bact (Mupirocin) ointment over it and over it sprinkle Neosporin powder. Do it thrice a day
3. Syrup Accuclav 25 mg / kilogram body weight per dose twice a day for 5 days.
I am sure the wound will heal.
Also kindly let me know how long has the wound been present.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore
MBBS, MS, MCH
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for bullous impetigo
- Treatment and cure for staphylococcal impetigo
- Treatment and cure for nasal impetigo
- Impetigo vinegar treatment
- Treatment and cure for recurrent impetigo
- Treatment and cure for impetigo
- What is the treatment for impetigo
- Suggest treatment for bullous impetigo
- What are symtoms and treatment for impetigo
- Treatment and cure for impetigo contagiosa