Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for impaired hearing due to holes inside the ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
i am 32 yrs old, from childhood onwards secreting ear wax, all my family members(my brothers) have this type problem in child hood, now they are fine. In my case still I am uffering with this problem, my parenta told that will automatically cure, but now i am facing hearing problem. when i met ENT specialist he told both ear have holes, u have u go for surgery(tympanoplasty) and with the help of audiology test,my hearing level is only 40% for both ears. Now i would like to know, after surgery for both ears tympanoplasty my hereing level will increase or not. I hope this will be useful to study my case, whenever ear drops instilling in my ear, i feeling comfortable with my hearing level. thankQ
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: tympanoplasty should improve your hearing Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You have holes in both the tympanic membranes (TM) and tympanoplasty is the treatment of choice. Perforation in TM leads to conductive type of hearing loss and your improvement in hearing with ear drops also points to this. If your audiometry shows conductive hearing loss, the tympanoplasty should improve your hearing. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor