Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism

Posted on Thu, 10 Jul 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: 3 year old daughter with hypothyroidism. What natural homeopathic solutions can be provided for her?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
None

Detailed Answer:
There is no scientific recommendation for any homeopathic solutions for hypothyroidism.
If she truly has hypothyroidism she must be given appropriate doses of a prescription medication called levothyroxine. This is vital for her optimal growth and development.
Once she is on levothyroxine, there is no dietary intervention necessary.
Regular blood tests will be necessary to ensure she is getting adequate amounts of levothyroxine

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist