Suggest treatment for hypothermia, lightheadedness, vomiting and diarrhea

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Thank you, I had a body temp of 92 degrees last night, vomiting, dia/ria, light headed. I felt like I was going to die
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
get yourself clinically examined and investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that your symptoms of hypothermia and light headedness can be due to fall in bloid pressure due to diarrhea and vomiting.
I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically exanined and investigated by your doctor.
In addition to the probiotics that you are taking, I would advise that you should take an antacid like Omeprazole 40 mg along with Domperidone 10 mg. Metronidazole 400 mg will help in controlling amoebic infection.
Also take care of your hydration and maintain body temperature by appropriate clothing.
Further medical management can be planned according to the clinical evaluation done by your doctor.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj