Suggest treatment for hypotension

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: wife has R. Heart failure, clear lungs, but wet cough, pulse 88bpm, O2 sat = 92%, BP=80/53. I have her legs elevated in the bed (sleep number type). BP Readings over the past 3 hours are as follows: 88/46; 90/50; 68/38; 80/53. What do I need to do to raise her BP?
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do see a doctor or visit the ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Your wife is heading towards cardiogenic shock ,
Clear lung fields can happen inspite of interstitial edema ( fluid in the lungs ) in chronic cases because of well developed lymphatic s .
However, lower spo2 and hypotension suggest an impeding shock.
Withhold antihypertensive medication , keep a tab on your urine output and strongly consider seeing a doctor or going to the ER .
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 48 hours later
Thank you for your rapid response, but I asked the question too late. She died at the ER.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Really Sorry to hear that , May her soul rest on peace . Amen

Detailed Answer:
Hello , I am really sorry for the loss , none of my words to be would be enough console you . However I would like to reassure that there was nothing much you could do as human, and she is on a better place.
Regards Dr. Priyank Mody

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 5 hours later
Thank you for the kind words. May God continue to bless your calling in the medical arts.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you sir for the blessings

Detailed Answer:
Thank you sir for your blessing . Let me know ever if anything is needed.
Regards Dr Priyank Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad