Suggest treatment for hypotension with dizziness

Dr. Priyank Mody

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My blood pressure was 99/51 yesterday with a pulse of 51and I was dizzy. The dizziness I understand. Today there is a pressure-like feeling in my head and my blood pressure is 151/87, pulse 62. Why does this happen?
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably the symptoms are due to fluctuation in blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello
The dizziness you describe was due to blood pressure being on the lower side , sudden change and fluctuation in the blood pressure reaching 150 plus may be the reason for the symptoms of headache.
One should avoid such fluctuations in blood pressure , Maybe titration the dose of diuretic HCTZ may help. Do discuss the same with your doctor .
The medications you are on , Sjogrens and the history of radiation may all result in such fluctuations in blood pressure . So a detail search for cause and treating the same would be best way forward .
If between Lisinopril and HCTz, Lisinopril would be a better antihypertensive considering your age and Co existing problems if your kidney function and potassium are normal .
Regards Dr. Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Priyank Mody 58 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Mode. I plan to follow up with my Dr. today if there is an opening. Otherwise asap. Your answer was considerate of the total health picture than my physician.
Answered by Dr. Priyank Mody 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy I could help

Detailed Answer:
I am happy I could help you .
Let me know if anything is needed after you visit your doctor or if any further clarification is needed .
Regards Dr. Mody
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana