Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hypospadias

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1803 Questions
My grandson was born with a syndrome that affected his heart, intestines and penis (hypospadia). He has no growth of the penis since birth' He is 10 years old. Can this be corrected and what is this called?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hypospadias has to be surgically corrected

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to health care magic. Can you please share any information you already have about what kind of Heart defects and intestinal defects he is suffering from? Did the physician you took him to identify the syndrome for you?

To address these issues separately:
Hypospadias needs and will definitely improve with surgical correction. You will see the difference only after surgery. There is no other way of correcting it with medicines.

There are a number of syndromes affecting the heart and intestines along with hypospadias. Only a complete heart check and abdominal exam will evaluate and identify the syndrome. If you have that information, send it across to me and we can discuss in further detail.
Wishing him.speedy recovery

Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hypospadias 2 hours later
All of his health issues were corrected at birth. The only problem he is dealing with at this time is no growth of the penis. Hypospadia was corrected at birth. He only had one side of his heart working at birth, that was corrected. His intestines were twisted and also corrected at birth. I have been reading a little about things like micropenis. Can something like this be corrected and should he see a urologist to determine his exact problem ?
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can

Detailed Answer:
If all the issues have been corrected at birth, then you need to see a urologist or endocrinologist to evaluate for micropenis.
In many kids the penis is buried partly in the fat above pubic bone making it falsely short.
A clinical examination should settle the doubt.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor