Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hypoglycemia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1660 Questions
if i am diganoised with hypoglycemia, i had it when i was a kid, but grew out of it, would i be giving a glucose monitor, i have being have same symptoms as when i was a kid, and feels better when i eat some proteien and small cup of suger,. or chesse like a headace.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About hypoglycemia;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!

If you have symptoms of hypoglycemia (feeling hungry, sweating, weakness etc) that improve after taking glucose, you need to check the blood glucose at that moment (try to keep a glucometer with you). If it is under 70 mg/dl, some further investigations are needed to find the cause of hypoglycemia.

Otherwise, if the glucose level is over 70 mg/dl, hypoglycemia is not the cause of your symptoms and other pathologies should be found.

Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor