Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hypochondria?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Since my icidental discovery that i have rbbb. I am always researching this medical heart condition i have which is isolated asymptomatic rbbb. I have seen almost 5 doctors and all have said it is a benign condition. I cannot enjoy my life anymore researching all the time about and being worried. In a recent cohort study, asymptomatic rbbb has an increase mortality hazard of 35 percent and this is making me even more worried and hypochondriac. What do you think could be a relief ?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 days later
Brief Answer: Consult a Psychiatrist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I can understand the situation you are in. If you are complaining of it then its sure you can come out of it with some help. I suggest you to consult a Psychiatrist who through regular counselling sessions can remove the thought of fear out of you. Also to add, isolated asymptomatic rbbb is least fatal and has very less mortality compared most other heart conditions. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor