Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Last year I was suffering from hypothyroid.
Doctor had increase doses but now its almost one year.my thyroid is not in normal level and now it is hyperthyroid
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 27 minutes later
This is quite common. You need to visit your doctor again and decrease doses to 50.
Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 48 hours later
I have put on around 30 kg in these phase of ubnormal thyroid. I am trying hard to reduce weight but its just increasing. Need help
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 47 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to check your thyroid level on monthly basis

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case.it is very unusual to gain weight with high thyroid level. This is due to abnormal thyroid level. I would suggest you to check your thyroid level on monthly basis and dose changing accordingly.You should also avoid heavy fatty diet and sugar. Apart from thyroid abnormal estrogen hormone or steroids can also cause weight gain.You need to check if your oestrogen level is normal.
thanks