Suggest treatment for hypertension

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi I went to my doctor on Monday and she said my blood pressure was high around 150 over 120 or so and it was worse the last time. I checked it at the pharmacy on my own several times and it was much lower. I feel really uncomfortable going to see her and she insists that I need blood pressure medication. My health has been poor lately cause of wrong eating and alcohol and smoking which I do want to quit I'm having a really hard time though from all the stress of living on assistance. Years ago when I had poor health I used natural products and and juicing and got feeling better than I ever have. I really don't want blood pressure or any medications as I've always been really sensitive to them. I try to tell her this and she says I have mental problems when it comes to medication she does not support natural products either said I was delusional thinking they would help. I just started taking Coenzyme Q10 100mg and I really like how its also helped my sore gums though I'm not supposed to take it if I take blood pressure medication and anytime I mention concerns over side effects she says I have mental issues and is very pushy. I really need some health any advice would be really appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: This reading requires treatment Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. High blood pressure if you have since many years , then i would label you as "Young Hypertensive". And this requires evaluation of secondary causes of hypertension. Get following investigations : 1. Renal Doppler 2. Kidney Function test 3. Urine for albumin 4. ECG 5. Fasting Blood Sugar 6. Fundus examination for hypertensive retinopathy 7. Lipid Profile If you have high blood pressure , get treatment before it damages your kidneys , heart , eyes , brain. You should try to understand that , high blood pressure is not a normal thing. It requires proper control with dietary modifications and medications. I would advise you not to run from the facts. Coenzyme Q10 is not going to help you in controlling your blood pressure. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you want to discuss your issues further, you may please ask me through Premium Query directed on my name. I will help you my best. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD