Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hypersensitive glans penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
is there a cream I can use for hypersensitive glans?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prilocaine can be tried.

Detailed Answer:
You have not mentioned why your glans is hypersensitive, but when we do see patients who have recently been circumcised, and have an exposed glans which is hypersensitive, we do suggest that they try a cream of Lidocaine which I think is available as Prilox in many countries.
You can apply it liberally almost 4 times in a day, and unless you are allergic to Lignocaine, it should be quite satisfactory. the effect might take about 30-45 minutes in coming, though. You can continue it for a month or so by which time the sensitivity should have settled down.
5% Lignocaine was also available as an ointment and was also quite useful but is difficult to obtain nowadays.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor