Suggest treatment for hypersensitive glans penis

Dr. V. Sasanka

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: is there a cream I can use for hypersensitive glans?
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prilocaine can be tried.

Detailed Answer:
You have not mentioned why your glans is hypersensitive, but when we do see patients who have recently been circumcised, and have an exposed glans which is hypersensitive, we do suggest that they try a cream of Lidocaine which I think is available as Prilox in many countries.
You can apply it liberally almost 4 times in a day, and unless you are allergic to Lignocaine, it should be quite satisfactory. the effect might take about 30-45 minutes in coming, though. You can continue it for a month or so by which time the sensitivity should have settled down.
5% Lignocaine was also available as an ointment and was also quite useful but is difficult to obtain nowadays.
Hope I have been able to help you.