question-icon

Suggest treatment for hyperpigmentations on the skin

Posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017
Question: my sister has pigmentations on her skin, she was taking treatment from dermatologist . after 3 months of medication he is saying it is not healing by medicines & need to go for laser technique ( chemical peeling).shall we go for it? is it safe?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Chemical peeling is safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.
yes, chemical peeling is quite commonly done to treat pigmentation. It is safe but there can be side effects like redness but these are temporary and resolve within a few days. Chemical peeling can be done either alone or it can be combined along with pigment reducing creams.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist