Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for hypercalcemia

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
Sorry. Mistakenly erased my question. As part of my 6 month exam for a melanoma recovery, my kidneys are always included in the ultrasound. My family doctor pinpoints my kidneys. Says they are small and release too much calcium in my blood. My dr at the Cole Eye Institute says at this point, I saw him in XXXXXXX sees no further recurrence. Overall, my health is good and I have no symptoms of anything. Time to change family doctors?
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hypercalcemia needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health care magic.

I reviewed your history. It seems you had taken treatment for malignant melanoma of eye and you are on follow up examination.

Increased level of calcium in blood is called as hypercalcemia.
It can occur because of various causes like endocrine causes like thyroid and parathyroid glands related problems.
Malignant tumors also known to cause this hypercalcemia but malignant melanoma is relatively rare cause.
But still I feel hypercalcemia should not be neglected and it should be properly evaluated after confirming it by blood investigations.

Hence in this case I will not ignore the finding of your family doctor but I advice you to go for evaluation to find out the underlying cause for this increased calcium levels and treatment accordingly.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
With regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor