Suggest treatment for hydronephrosis
It depends upon the underlying cause and kidney functions.
Hi & Welcome.
I can understand your concern for your beloved son who seems to be diagnosed to have bilateral hydronephrosis.
The treatment depends upon the underlying cause and the kidney function.
The most common abnormalities responsible for hydronephrosis in children include urethral valves or stricture, & stenosis at the ureterovesical or ureteropelvic junction).
Children in whom the kidney function tests (like blood urea, serum creatinine, phosphate) are normal can be followed for at least 2 years to allow for spontaneous resolution before referral to urology for radionuclide scans and possible surgical procedure.
In uncomplicated hydronephrosis, serial kidney sonography (ultrasound scans) can be performed every 6 months.
Hope the suggestions given above would enable you to seek proper treatment from a urologist.
Wishing your son a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for prostatomegaly with minimal right hydronephrosis
- Treatment of hydronephrosis in adults
- Kidney stones and hydronephrosis need homeopathic treatment
- Mild bilateral hydronephrosis treatment in ayurveda
- Hydronephrosis treatment in homeopathy
- What is the treatment of bilateral hydronephrosis
- Treatment for hydronephrosis during pregnancy
- Is any treatment in west bengal for new born with hydronephrosis
- Chronic hydronephrosis treatment
- Treatment and cure for hydronephrosis