Suggest treatment for hydrocele
Please consult your doctor and confirm hydrocele throrugh ultrasound scan
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. It is important to confirm what you think is a hydrocele and please consult your doctor and they will refer you to a surgeon or urologist. A hydrocele is a collection of fluid in the scrotal sac. This can happen due to many reasons including congenital (most common in children), infection (most common in adults) and traumatic causes.
2. Hydrocele can be suspected clinically if there is a painless enlargement of scrotum with fluid over days to weeks which persists and might increase slowly over months. This is to be confirmed by doing ultrasound scan and your doctor will recommend it after clinical examination. The testis is displaced peripherally and fluid can be found in the scrotum. If you have any condition other than hydrocele then it will be known after the ultrasound scan.
3. In most cases, hydrocele requires surgical treatment. If confirmed then a small surgery is required to treat the hydrocele. This has low risk and you can get back to normal in a week after the surgery.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hydrocele self treatment
- Suggest treatment for left epididymis cyst and hydrocele
- Shy hydrocele treatment
- Non surgical treatment for hydrocele
- Have developed an hydrocele suggest treatment without surgery
- Unani treatment for hydrocele
- Suggest treatment for hydrocele relapse
- Home treatment for hydrocele
- Suggest treatment for swelling and clear discharge from hydrocele
- Herbal treatment for hydrocele