Suggest treatment for hydrocele

Posted on Mon, 6 Oct 2014 in Lump
Question: Hello sir ,
MY HUSBAND HAS DEVELOPED HYDROCOEL SEVERLY BEFORE 03 WEEKS HE IS TAKING MEDICINES , BUT IT IS SUGGESTED BY LOCAL DOCTORS TO GET SURGERY . PLS. EXPLAIN THE EFFECTS OF POST SURGERY ON SEXUAL LIFE AND CHANCES OF HAVING A BABY . ALSO GUIDE US ON DO'S & DONT'S FOR AN HYDROCOEL PATIENT .
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgeon's opinion and HRUSG & color doppler

Detailed Answer:
Hi Madam.

The most important aspect is:
Hydrocele does not develop in three weeks- it develops over many years.

If the swelling has developed over only 3 weeks, it is highly possible that your husband may be suffering from such a problem which needs urgent investigations and may be treatment.

Let us think about the possibilities:
Pyocele, collection of infected material.
Torsion of testis which is not resolve.

The best option is :
Consult a General Surgeon or an Uro-surgeon for a proper Clinical means Physical examination. To get His prescription for a high resolution ultrasonography (HRUSG) and color doppler examination done urgently.

Also request for Semen analysis examination done of your Husband, if this is normal , there will be no bad effect sexual life or having a baby.

So the first priority is to get a proper opinion of A Surgeon / Uro-surgeon and investigations for us to discuss more.

I hope this helps you to get the correct line of diagnosis, treatment and great future.

Please feel free to ask more, and let me know the diagnosis and investigation reports in detail.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 20 minutes later
Thanks sir ,

After taking medicines the size has decreased to some extend but it feels hard at the place .

Please let me know the severity of surgery and dos & donts till surgery or cure .
Is it possible for cure by medicine
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get a proper diagnosis FAST- ASAP.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your appreciation.
Please consult a Surgeon as soon as possible (ASAP) to get a prop[er diagnosis and get HRUSG with Color Doppler and semen analysis along with relevant blood, urine tests Done.

Get the diagnosis fast, before it becomes very late.

I can tell you the severity of the surgery only on you getting the diagnosis by Surgeon's opinion and HRUSG report.

Till them ask your husband to give scrotal support to support the heaviness, continue the medicines your previous Doctor has prescribed. Take bed rest. No physical activities which can increase tension on his scrotum .

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon