Suggest treatment for huntington's Disease

Question
I have Huntingtons Disease and have been having severe pain with muscle cramping-is this part of my HD-local support group say it is
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
least likely a correlated . symptomatic Rx

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
XXXXXXX presents in three aspects. Cognitive ( memory issues etc) movements (chorea etc) and behavioural ( psychological eg anxiety depressionnetc).
Now your local support group might be rushing here and connecting a simple muscle spams to a genetic mutational disease which does not have such musculoskeletal complaint unless moderate or severe above grade 3 but that then should have and must have associated movement disorders like chorea and parkinsonian features .so I seriously doubt that this simple cramp and spasm o's HD related. Get some rest some muscle relaxants like tizanidine skelaxin etc and some acetaminophen and see for yourself.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX