Suggest treatment for human parechoviruses in an infant
This is definitely not due to the infection the mother had
Hi... I understand your concern. Coming to your queries one by one -
1. This is definitely viral encephalitis due to Human parecho virus. This is a serious sort of viral encephalitis.
2. Any viral encephalitis - the question of whether the doctors know to treat or not - doesn't arise because - it is only supportive management. There are only two viruses for which there is specific treatment or drug (Herpes and Enteroviruses). For rest of the viruses it is only symptomatic and supportive management with wait and watch policy and act accordingly as the clinical situation warrants.
3. It is very difficult to know or guess where she got it from. But it is definitely not related to the Group B streptococcal infection your daughter-in-law had. The transmission is usually through - Faecal-oral route or respiratory secretions or surfaces / fomites. The best way of prevention is hand washing before handling the kids.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
How long the sickness lasts cannot be expected - might have seizures
Hi...How long the sickness cannot be expected as of now. It all depends upon how the baby reacts to the viral illness and how much the brain is affected by this illness.
We will get to know about the long term effects while we follow her developmental milestones, if she develops seizures then it depends on her seizure control. Not only this - in future she will need an MRI brain to check if she has got any gliosis or a sort of fibrosis of the brain tissue.
I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Once the page opens there will be an option below my image as – ASK ME A QUESTION – click on it. In this way even in health care magic you can follow up always with a single doctor who knows the history of your kid completely. Please find the link below -
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for congenital biliary anomalies in infants
- Treatment for vertigo in humans
- Ring worm treatment for humans
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Rabies in humans ayurvedic treatment
- Intestinal worm treatments for humans
- Treatment for ringworm in humans
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?