Suggest treatment for hot flashes

Excellent
Question
I am suffering from constant hot flashes and i mean CONSTANT had surgical mennipause
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 24 minutes later
Hello
Welcome to health care magic

Hot flushes are because of menopause as a result of hormone related issues.
Do consult your doctor for evaluation and treatment.

Thank you

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hot flashes 4 minutes later
Right but what can i do? I am already taking estrogen oral i change clothing 3 times a day

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tibolone advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
In my opinion you need to start hormone therapy in the form of Tibolone which is like eateigen only but specifically functions to decreases post menopausal symptoms.
It specially reduces hot flushes.
But before taling tibolone you need to have pelvic examination and breast examination so as to rule out any pathology there.
Till then keep taking lots of water and avoid hot humid climates.
Take lots of nuts especially walnuts and also soya proteins.
All the best and in case you have other questions i will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hot flashes 5 minutes later
Ive had a recent mammo and my uterus and ovaries were surgically removed im already on estrogen the. Surgeon also. Gave me zoloft and started me on thy meds to help it has only gotten progressivly worse

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tibolone will help you the best

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, Zoloft tablets are to deal with these symptoms and is a good one and should be continued but Tibolone once added will obviate the need tof estrogen and relieve you from hot flushes in the best way.
So in my opinion take both tibolone and Zoloft for at least 3 months and you will be relieved of the symptoms as a whole.