Suggest treatment for hot flashes with tingling in hands

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I went to a Chiro Doc and he said my C4 was out, I have been feeling like hot flashes that last less then a Min, and I have tingling and Numbness in both arms at times not all the time it's more the hot flashes..
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pinched nerve may be the cause

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. The symptoms described by you are suggestive of pinched nerve in the cervical spine. To confirm that MRI is the best investigation along with physical examination.
My suggestion for the time being are-
1. Wear soft cervical collar and avoid excessive neck movement and manipulation
2. May have drugs like Ibuprofen along with muscle relaxant Thiocolchicoside and pregablin.The last two drugs are prescription only.

Hope this suffices and I shall be glad to answer any further query.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hot flashes with tingling in hands 13 minutes later
Just Fmi If someone has a heart Problem/Attack do they have hot flashes also ? And do they last longer then a few seconds?

Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms related to heart disease are different

Detailed Answer:
Hello
It's good to see you
Hot flashes and numbness in upper limb is not the usual sign of heart ailment. The symptoms if they occur because of heart disease last for few minutes to hour.

Hope your query is answered.