• question-icon

Suggest treatment for hot flashes, fatigue and vaginal spotting

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: I have been to my doctor multiple times and he just keeps telling me its hard to lose weight but I have to think somethng is inbalanced. My symptoms are weight gain, hot flashes, exhaustion or fatigue bleeding or spotting for 3 months straight. An IUD stopped the bleeding but it was taken out 4 months ago and now I am 30 days bleeding or spotting again. I work out 4 hours a week burning between 2000-2400 calories and eat 5 small meals a day balanced with a lot of veggies and fruit protein and healthy carbs like brown rice and yams. I have been doin this food and work out since April and gained 10 lbs since April clothes do not fit better and the scale wont budge
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dietary control has to go hand in hand with exercise

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that your complaint is not unique and numerous people are finding a way out. However, you would need to be sincere in your efforts.

Interventions would be dietary as well as through exercise.

You would need to restrict carbohydrate and fat intake but maintain a modest protein intake.

Regarding exercises, you would need to do the following exercises daily (google out for technique). No. Per day with number to increase per day (in brackets) provided:
Push-up - 10 (2-5)
Crunches - 20 (5)
Planks 20 (10)
Squats - 20 (5)
Triceps dig - 5 (2)

Also get your thyroid profile checked. Hypothyroidism could lead to gain in weight.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 34 hours later
I don't feel like you read anything I wrote in doing extensive excersize way more than you recommended and I have many other symptoms, period lasting for months, hot flashes, etc. I will cancel this membership as I see it is quite pointless
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The surplus energy between intake and output gets stored and causes wt gain

Detailed Answer:
Pardon me. I read your question once again. I know you exercise but could not find any information about the 'excessive' nature of it. I would insist you to confirm if you are following any specific regimen for the exercise and if you could provide a specification of the exercises you are doing. It is evident that the total energy taken in as food is greater than the total energy expenditure. So, the only way out can be either to reduce the intake or to increase output or both.

If you want to cancel your membership, its your choice. But if you are keen on finding a way out, we are here to help.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha