question-icon

Suggest treatment for hives

Posted on Tue, 17 Oct 2017
Question: I have itchy hives in my buttcrack. What is it and what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (31 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you for writing to us.

I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Perhaps you have a fungal infection. An image wiukd have helped in confirming.
Sweat, heat and humidity in body folds favor growth of the fungus. Fungal infection is usually itchy.
I suggest you to use an OTC topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream or miconazole nitrate 2% cream or Nizoral 2% cream, twice daily.
In addition you may also take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itch.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist