Suggest treatment for hives on the forearms

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My 36 year old son has swollen, hot forearms that itch terribly. His left forearm is worse than the right and does look like an allergy, but nothing is helping.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like Urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr. kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Perhaps he has Urticaria I.e Hives.
I would suggest a shot of a steroid e.g Inj. Hydrocortisone and a shot of antihistamine e.g Inj. Pheniramine maleate.
He may also take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tablet once daily for a week. In addition he may use a topical soothing lotion e.g Calamine lotion

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana