Suggest treatment for hives on the body

Question
I have had a rash/hives for a week now. I initially had an acne break out under my arms (not sure if related) then I had a rash, red bumps that are dry and itichy. I seemed to get better with calomine lotions but not ezyme lotions. Rash is on my back and chest now (not as bad) and my armpits and most of my biceps. I have sensitive skin and allergies but I'm not sure what to do.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rash/ Hives

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

If its an active , progressing flare then oral antihistamines like hydroxyzine would be required. In severe cases corticosteroids should also be added. The antihistamines can be continued for 10 more days. Skin patch test and allergen testing can be advised to identify the specific allergen in your case in consultation with an immunologist/ allergy specialist. Then it can be avoided subsequently.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for hives on the body 2 hours later
It is very frustrating to go to the store to the store to buy these items and find out they are both prescription only.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

I am sorry for your distress

Antihistamines like benedryl or avil are likely to be available over the counter. The corticosteroids are unlikely to be available OTC.

Thanks