Suggest treatment for hives in a teenager

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: my 12 year old for the last 4 nights has broke out in hives on legs chest arms and face with no breathing problems at all. I give home benadryl an it goes away rather quickly but keeps coming back and there has been no change in diet body or laundry soap. any guess on why it keeps coming back or what it is?

thank you

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of allergy to bedsheets or pillow cover is more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Since he is having allergic reaction only in the night (in the bed), so possibility of allergy to bedsheets or pillow cover is more.
Another possibility is insect bites (bed bug).
Sometimes viral infection can also cause similar skin lesions.
So change the bedsheets, pillow covers etc and put freshly washed bedsheets.
Wash her night wears thoroughly with antiseptic solution and warm water.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your daughter. Thanks.