Suggest treatment for hives and itchy rash after taking herbal shakes

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my daughter and i have been drinking herbal life shakes and the tea for a few months. she is having issues with hives and a itchy rash all over her body . We are not sure if its the two medications she is on or the herbal life. one medication she stopped taking 2 nights ago. could she develop a reaction to soy in the shakes after a few months or would it be right away . Thank you XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
More data is needed...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am sorry for the health problems you and your daughter are going through.

You are saying that you've been drinking herbal life shakes and the tea for a few months. Can you please specify when did the hives appeared: before/after or at the time you started to take herbal life shakes?

Can you also specify whether the hives appeared after started Minastrin?

For how long have the itching continued?

Has she also experiencing any other health problem currently: nausea, diarrhea or others?

Does she also have itching on the genitalia or anus?

From what you are describing, if itching started after starting drinking herbal life, it might be an allergic reaction to its components.

Another cause might be possible intestinal parasites; further examination of stool for ova/parasites would determine/exclude them.

Looking forward to have the requested data in!
Dr.Albana